Saturday, July 9, 2011

Episode 10: I don't eat food.


Lenore: Your daughter?
Ofelia: Her daughter?


Ofelia: What kind of place is this?
Lenore: You keep her in a cave?!?


Carmilla: A cave? That’s what you call this room? With its plush carpet and toys, it’s a cave? My daughter is highly allergic to sunlight and bright colors hurt her eyes! What do you expect me to do?


Carmilla: Would you like me to leave her upstairs in the sunroom to die? To be scared to death by people the way she is? Just because it fits your idea of what might be best for a child you don’t even know? I’m willing to bet that’s exactly what you’d like.


Ofelia: I saw Mercy. This “child” drinks blood. She attacks and hurts people. She attacked Mercy! And you keep her! You’re a monster!


Carmilla: I’m a monster, am I? Little girl, I will show you what it’s like to confront a monster.


Silas: Get out of here! Both of you!


Ofelia: You knew about this?
Silas: Get out!


Lenore: What are we going to do?
Ofelia: I don’t know. We have to leave, we can’t stay here.
Lenore: What about Oryx?


Ofelia: Didn’t you hear me? I don’t know!


Lenny: Well, I know a few things. Our cousin is unconscious and it doesn’t appear that will change for a while. We don’t have the means to get her anywhere. That means we stay. For now. They won’t do anything to us while we might go to the police, right?


Ofelia: I don’t know. Silas, no, but Carmilla…she might do anything to protect that…thing.


Lenore: I’m not leaving Oryx alone then. She can’t defend herself.
Ophelia: Fine. I’m going to think.


Moments later…
**knocking**
Ofelia: Who’s there?
Silas: Silas.


Ofelia: Go away, I don’t want to see you.
Silas: Please, let me in.
Ofelia: Fine.


Silas: Where’s Lenore?
Ofelia: With Oryx. What do you want?


Silas: It’s not what you think. Not entirely so.
Ofelia: What I think is that this is a house full of psychopaths hiding the most psychotic in a room in the basement.


Silas: Then it’s nothing like you think. Lucy has problems. She’s not a psychotic, and she’s not dangerous. She’s my little sister and I love her.
Ofelia: How can you claim to love a child who drinks…drinks other people’s blood?


Silas: What do you think I am, Ofelia? Tell me that. Just what do you think that I am? I sit next to you at dinner, but have I ever finished before you got up? Have I ever touched my food?
Ofelia: What are you saying? What do you mean, Silas?


Silas: I don’t eat food, Ofelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment