Monday, April 25, 2011

Episode One: Everything Changes


Lenny: I guess this is the place.
Ofelia: Hmm. It looks…spacious.
Lenny: It looks creepy.
Ofelia: Creepy or not, we have no where else to go.



Silas: Ladies, I’m glad you made it safely, as you know, we’ve been expecting you. I am Silas, and I’m pleased to greet you.
Ofelia: I am Ofelia, this is my sister Lenore. We do appreciate your hospitality.


Silas: Think not of it. It is, however, my stepmother, Lady Carmilla to whom you owe your gratitude. Not that I wouldn’t invite you! No, just that this is her home.
Ofelia: Well, then we will thank you both.


Silas: I’m sure it will be a pleasure to have you around. This is our maidservant, Door, and she will see your bags to your room.
Ofelia: Thank you very much, Door.
Silas: She can hear you, but she is mute, so please don’t think her rude.


Silas: I hear your cousin coming, please excuse me, she has asked to give you the tour. Have a lovely afternoon.
Ofelia: He’s so very polite!
Lenny: Mmm…I wonder what you’re like without that stuffy attitude…and stuffy shirt…and stuffy pants…


Oryx: Ofelia! Lenny! It’s been so long!
Ofelia: Too long.


Oryx: I know! It’s just awful what happened, it really is. First losing Uncle Rhett and Aunt Katie, you know how much I loved your parents. But this contractor theft on top of it!
Ofelia: Well, we definitely can’t thank you and Silas and Lady Carmilla quite enough.
Lenny: Yeah, we’d be kind of…lost right now. Without you.


Oryx: Well think nothing of it! You’re landing on your feet here, I assure you. And just look at you! Looking so good. Look at the…black hair…on both of you.
Lenny: Well, it is a family trademark!


Oryx: Yes, yes. I’d quite forgotten about that. You know what? Hang on here for just a second.


...


Oryx: Well, let’s start that tour!
Ofelia: Oh my!
Lenny: *snicker* Lead the way, cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment