Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Episode Five: Not Anymore

Last night Mercy was plagued by a nightmare, Julia was caught by Silas playing hooky from her assignment, and Oryx saw a strange person in the hallway...



Lenny: Hi, it’s Julia, right?


Julia: Yes, hi. Did you need something?
Lenny: No, you just look like you need someone to talk to.


Julia: I’m fine, thanks.
Lenny: What happened to your arm?


Julia: Um…ah, I need to change the dressing. Just a cut. I was making a salad last night.
Lenny: Are you sure it’s okay? Maybe someone should have a look…
Julia: No, I’m a doctor. I’ll be fine.


Lenny: A doctor? Really? But Mercy treats you kind of…I’m sorry, it’s none of my business.
Julia: That’s right.


Lenny: Um…I’m sorry…


Oryx: What’s up, girlie?
Lenny: I think I just offended the nurse…I mean doctor.


Oryx: Oh, it’s nurse now. She [i]used[/i] to be a hotshot doctor, not anymore.
Lenny: Really?



Oryx: Oh yeah. A hemep..to..mologist.. or something.
Lenny: A what?
Oryx: I dunno, a blood doctor. Whatever they call it.


Lenny: What happened?
Oryx: So, she’s working on this major new painkiller, supposed to be the shit, right?
Lenny: Okay.
Oryx: So it disappears and everybody says she stole it! To sell it, or use it, or something.


Lenny: Did she?
Oryx: Didn’t say. That’s kind of weird, huh? Figures if she didn’t, she’d say so since she’s all bearing her soul to me and stuff. Either way, she can’t be a doctor anymore. Probably wouldn’t be able to work at all if it weren’t for this place.
Lenny: I don’t really feel right talking about this.


Oryx: Hey, I don’t ask for information. I’m just offered it.
Lenny: And she just happened to bear her soul to you?
Oryx: Well, people tend to be open with me under certain…circumstances.
Lenny: I figured.


Lenny: How many irons in the fire this time, Oryx?
Oryx: Is this a lecture?
Lenny: Nope, curiosity. You’re you, and I won’t try to change it. You know that.


Oryx: Just Jools for now. I thought maybe Silas, but he’s boring. It’s a waste of time to pursue something so uninteresting.


Silas: I know we thought it was safe, but her door needs to be locked at night again. Don’t look at me like that. Two new people in the house, it’s a really bad time for this to happen.


Silas: I finally got her to sleep. Give her two hours, then wake her up and feed her. I’ll be back this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment