Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Episode Six: Under Control

Previously, Mercy was plagued by nightmares, and Silas and Door were conspiring to keep someone hidden away.


Carmilla: Did you contain the situation?
Silas: Situation. Yes, I did. Were you planning to see her today?


Carmilla: Of course. But Mercy is always weak after these…nightmares. I’ll do what I can. I trust Julia helped?
Silas: That is why you hired her.


Carmilla: I know you think I’m cruel, but it’s the best situation possible. It’s not the same as it was for you and your brother.
Silas: If anyone knows the differences, it’s me. But I also know the similarities. This behavior may not last. Maybe if we were alone…


Carmilla: Just spare me. I won’t deprive Mercy of the benefits of the world. Especially if you think the problems will diminish over time. Unless of course, you no longer believe that to be the case.
Silas: She’s shown improvement. You know that.


Carmilla: I do. Which is why I won’t stunt Mercy’s education right now, and exposure to the arts is a large part of a lady’s education. She obviously can’t leave the house to get it.
Silas: Obviously. I’ve never countered that.
Carmilla: Then I must bring the arts to her, and we must adjust to accommodate. We do have to give her the best chance we can to succeed in the world. So no, we will not be alone.


Carmilla: Will there be anything else?
Silas: Not at all, stepmother.
Carmilla: Then leave me to my breakfast.


Carmilla: *sigh* He simply doesn’t respect me, and I can’t have that.


Carmilla: Yes, I am aware you think I should take it easier on him. No, I’m not mad at you for bringing it up, don’t be silly.


Carmilla: I think she’s doing just fine. You heard him, improvement. She’s a lot better than she was last summer, even I can tell that.


Carmilla: You take wonderful care of her, and I’m grateful for that. Now don’t make me dismiss you too.


Silas: Ah, Ofelia as I remember?
Ofelia: Yes.
Silas: How are you and your sister settling in?


Ofelia: Everything is very nice. Thanks again.
Silas: There is no need to thank me any further. I hope to make you feel good.


Silas: That is, um, I mean, I hope you feel good about being with me. With us! With…here! I hope you feel good about being here. Feel at home, I mean.
Ofelia: Um…yes. We are making ourselves at home as best as we can, considering.


Silas: Oh, oh, of course! I know, the circumstances for your stay are less than ideal, I didn’t mean to imply they weren’t.
Ofelia: And you didn’t. Everything is going very well, thank you for your concern.


Silas: You’re welcome.
Ofelia: I’m just off to practice. It’s the first time I’ve tried to play in weeks.
Silas: Certainly. I’m sorry for keeping you.


Ofelia: You weren’t keeping me. Say, um…would you like to join me?


Silas: Join…you? YES! Ahem, yes. I would. I’d love to hear you practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment