Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Episode Seven: Teacher or Listener


Silas: That was wonderful.
Ofelia: I’m a little rusty, but thanks.


Silas: Nonsense. Thank you for asking me to listen, it’s been a welcome diversion.
Ofelia: You have a lot of responsibilities then?


Silas: Yes. Since my father was called away, I do my best to help keep the household running, and I oversee my sisters’ education.
Ofelia: You’re a teacher?


Silas: Not technically, I’m not certified or anything, but I have a few degrees so even uncertified, I’m qualified. This way we don’t have to involve tutors.
Ofelia: It’s sweet you’re so concerned with Mercy.
Silas: I care very deeply for her welfare. She shares a lot with my brother.


Ofelia: Oh, you have a brother?
Silas: Yes. He’s with my father. He never had much patience, so it’s best I’m the one who stays with Carmilla.


Ofelia: She needs a lot of patience, then?
Silas: She’s an amazing woman. Dorian has problems understanding just how intelligent and strong she is. I have a lot of respect for her.


Ofelia: That’s nice. I miss having my parents around.
Silas: I’m so sorry. In a way, I guess I’m glad I don’t remember my mother. I can’t remember losing her.


Ofelia: Your mother died? I suppose I should’ve assumed something happened, Carmilla being your stepmother.
Silas: She died giving birth to Dorian and I. I’m sorry for bringing up bad memories, I know it’s hard enough for you. I really do hope it gets better.


Ofelia: Silas?
Silas: Yes?
Ofelia: It already has.


Silas: humming


Silas: Door? What is it? Again? Is someone with Mercy?


Carmilla: I found her here. They’ve both fainted. It’s not even lunch time yet! What is she doing up here?


Silas: I have a limited understanding of Door, but apparently she slipped out. I don’t know why, usually she stays asleep come sunup.
Carmilla: Well lock the godforsaken door this time! And Door, if she’s getting out…Yes, that’s right. Thank you.


Carmilla: It’s nice to know I can depend on SOMEone around here.


Carmilla: Oh, Marius, where are you? I was a fool to think I could handle this on my own!


Marius: Dorian! Wake up. I’m back
Dorian: Mmmrprph…light…is bad…
Marius: Now, Dorian. Things did not go well. We’re going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment